You thought you were going to have to go without a strapless wedding gown. You thought that, in order for your dress to fit properly, you'd need a bra. But what if there was another option? What if there was boob tape?
Boob tape is made of cotton with medical adhesive that sticks to your skin and creates an invisible support system for your breasts. It's perfect for those who don't want to wear bras or other undergarments and still look stylish while they walk down the aisle. And if you've never tried boob tape before, it can feel like a foreign concept at first. But once you know how to use boob tape properly, it's one of the easiest ways to make sure your dress fits perfectly and stays in place all day long!
If you're wearing a strapless wedding dress, boob tape is a great way to lift and enhance your cleavage. It's also the perfect solution for women who have had breast surgery or suffer from large breasts that are difficult to contain in traditional bras.
Before using boob tape on your big day, there are a few things you should know first:
- For those of you with sensitive skin, please pre-test on your skin. If you experience a bad reaction, discontinue use.
- If you haven’t used breast lifting tape before, we recommend practicing so you are prepared on your big day.
- Preparing skin before applying boob tape. Ensure there is no body moisturiser near your chest area to prevent the tape from not sticking or peeling off easily.
- If you have a big bust (C-D+), you will need at least 6 strips of tape to support your breasts.
- If you have a smaller bust (A-B), you will need 3-4 strips of tape for a perkier look.
- Do not use the bandaid method by pulling off the tape at the end of the night. Make sure to either soak yourself in water by taking a nice, warm shower or apply coconut oil and letting it absorb into the tape for a few minutes then slowly pull off the tape by holding onto your skin down with one hand for a seamless removal.
So you can enjoy your big day without worrying about your boobs not being supported or having saggy breasts in all of your wedding photos, follow these steps:
- Apply nipple covers to protect your nipples.
- Pre-cut strips of tape so it’s readily available (depending on your bust size)
- Peel the backing of the boob tape half way and stick it on the side of your chest, pulling towards the other side of your chest.
- Repeat step 2 until you achieve your desired perkiness/reaches your desired support.
- Cut off any excess tape so it isn't visible.
- Once complete, put on your strapless wedding dress and you are ready for your big day!